• Stormwater Complaint
corPrinterIcon Email page link
Stormwater Complaint

The storm drains in the street outside your home flow directly to waterways without any treatment. It is therefore very important that no one be allowed to dump waste of any kind onto the street surfaces, drainage pipes, and ditches, or into storm drains - they are only for rainwater.  If you see someone dumping anything onto street surfaces, into storm drains, or into any other device built to contain rainfall or runoff, please report it immediately by calling the Department of Public Works at (815)987-5570 or by completing the form below.

Fill in the appropriate information and a City of Rockford employee will investigate all reports received and take any and all appropriate enforcement actions necessary to rectify the discharge.

Erosion and Sedimentation Complaints: Pertains to observed excessive erosion and sedimentation from active construction sites.
Illicit Discharge Complaints: Pertains to observed illegal dumping into the stormwater system and/or streams. Anything entering the stormwater system that is not stormwater is considered an illicit discharge.

To report an Emergency, call 9-1-1. Do not use this form to report an emergency.

Complaint made by: Complaint can be made anonymously, if individual does not want to give the following information.

Stormwater Complaint Form

* Negates Mandatory Fields

Page last updated: 5/6/2013 11:03:11 AM

Permits | Report a Problem | Employment | Contact Us

Special thanks to Jason Rotello and Tamika Jones for contributing images for the City of Rockford website.