image RSS Icon
corPrinterIcon Email page link

Revenue Division

The Revenue Division collects various revenues, including taxes, liquor license and general business license fees, special assessments, parking fines and permits, false alarm fines, and water payments. It also manages the Fire and Police Pension Funds and invests the City's funds.

Utility Billing

The Utility Billing Division of the Finance Department is responsible for the billing of water and sanitation pick up.


Parking Permits & Fines

Parking permits and fines are managed by ABM Parking Services.


Liquor Licenses & General Business Licenses

Liquor licenses are handled through the Legal Department.  General business license information can be found here.


Alarm Permits & False Alarm Fines

An alarm permit  is required of all monitored alarm systems within the City.  If you exceed the number of false alarms allowed by the City False Alarm Ordinance, you may be required to pay a false alarm fine.



Handling over 450,000 transactions each year, employees collect payments for water and refuse service, liquor licenses, monthly municipal parking lot permits, business licenses, taxes, special assessments, parking violation fines, and building permits.  Payments can be made via mail or in person at City Hall, where credit cards are accepted (Visa, Master Card, or Discover).  The City is also an authorized collection agent for ComEd payments and processes these payments according to ComEd's regulations.


Local Sales Tax Information

All Local Sales Tax information can be found here.


General Investments

The City of Rockford's General Investments are managed in accordance with the City's Investment Policy and State statutes.

Permits | Report a Problem | Employment | Contact Us

Special thanks to Jason Rotello and Tamika Jones for contributing images for the City of Rockford website.